- Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarship – $500 – $2,500 – Deadline: February 26, 2024
- STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program – $20,000 ($5,000 annually over 4 years) – Deadline: April 10, 2024
- Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards Scholarship – $25,000 – Deadline: February 1, 2024
- BigFuture Scholarships – $500 and $40,000 – Deadline: Ongoing until December 2024
- Carson-Newman University Bonner Scholars – $25,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- Ruth Suckow Iowa Student College Scholarship – $1,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- University of Minnesota Gold Scholar Award – $40,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- Leadership for the 21st Century Scholarships – $2,500 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
- National FFA Scholarship Program – $10,000 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
- C. Valentine Bates Memorial Hope Scholarship – $20,000 – Deadline: January 13, 2024
- 1. Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarship – 0 – ,500 – Deadline: February 26, 2024
- 2. STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program – ,000 (,000 annually over 4 years) – Deadline: April 10, 2024
- 3. Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: February 1, 2024
- 4. BigFuture Scholarships – 0 and ,000 – Deadline: Ongoing until December 2024
- 5. Carson-Newman University Bonner Scholars – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- 6. Ruth Suckow Iowa Student College Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- 7. University of Minnesota Gold Scholar Award – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
- 8. Leadership for the 21st Century Scholarships – ,500 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
- 9. National FFA Scholarship Program – ,000 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
- 10. C. Valentine Bates Memorial Hope Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: January 13, 2024
1. Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarship – 0 – ,500 – Deadline: February 26, 2024
The scholarship funds can be used towards tuition, books, testing, tutoring, assistive technology, or any other resource that students require to obtain accommodations and navigate a challenging learning environment4.To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements12:
- Be either a high school student or have graduated from high school
- Have dyslexia or a learning challenge
- Be pursuing a degree in a STEM field
- Have an account in SM Apply, using a personal email address
- Submit a recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor, or other school personnel who knows the applicant well and can speak to their challenges and successes relative to their learning challenge
- Submit documentation of their learning challenge, such as a 504, IEP, or letter from a teacher or counselor (no more than one page, for new applicants only)
- Submit their most recent transcript (official or unofficial)
The application for the Joseph James Morelli Legacy Foundation Scholarship opens on January 1, 2024, and closes on February 25, 2024, at 11:59 pm Mountain Time1. Scholarship awards are announced on May 31, 2024, and scholarships are paid out during the summer of 20241.
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted online via SM Apply12.To apply for the scholarship, applicants should visit the SM Apply website and create an account using their personal email address2.
Applicants who have not received the scholarship before should refer to the list of questions on the 2023 application, while those who have received the scholarship before should email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a list of the questions1.
2. STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program – ,000 (,000 annually over 4 years) – Deadline: April 10, 2024
The STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program is a scholarship program that identifies, recruits, and supports high school students who are skilled in math and interested in the actuarial field. The scholarship is offered by The Actuarial Foundation and Founding Partner the Society of Actuaries (SOA) 4.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be current high school seniors or college-bound students who have a minimum GPA of 2.8 or a minimum SAT math/ACT score of 600/216.
Applicants must also demonstrate acumen in math/algebra/calculus, state tests (Proficient or Advanced), and Advanced Placement classes6. There is no requirement to attend a specific school1.Along with financial support, the program includes mentoring, tutoring, immersion experiences, and exposure to internships and job shadowing opportunities4.
The program aims to move the needle on diversity in the actuarial profession by providing support that starts in high school, extends into college, and continues through a career4.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants need to create an account and apply on the STEM Stars Actuarial Scholars Program website34. Educators are encouraged to spread the word about the scholarship opportunity4.
Actuaries and volunteers can also make a commitment to mentoring and guiding Scholars through the first four years of college, exams, and into actuarial careers4.
3. Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: February 1, 2024
The Elks National Foundation Legacy Awards Scholarship is a $25,000 scholarship for high school seniors who are the children or grandchildren of Elks members.
- Eligibility: The applicant must be a high school senior and the child or grandchild of an Elks member. The applicant must also be a citizen of the United States14.
- Application: The application must be submitted online only. The deadline for submission is February 5, 2024, 11:59 pm Pacific Time. The Elks National Foundation is not responsible for any technical errors that may arise as a result of submitting the application online14.
- Selection Criteria: Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. The scholarship is awarded based on a point system, with points awarded for academic achievement, leadership, and financial need. The top applicants will be invited to participate in a virtual interview1.
- Service Requirement: If selected as a Legacy Awards recipient, the applicant will be required to perform three instances of service with an Elks Lodge during the four years they are receiving the scholarship6.
- Previous Winners: The 2022 Legacy Awards contest launched on September 1, 2021, and the winners were announced in late April 2022. The 2024 contest will kick off on September 1, 202335.
- Contact Information: If you have any questions about the application process, you can email email@example.com or call 773/755-47322.
It is important to note that Legacy Awards are different from the Most Valuable Student Scholarship, which is also offered by the Elks National Foundation.
The Most Valuable Student Scholarship is a four-year scholarship ranging from $1,000 to $30,000, and the application deadline for the 2024 competition is November 15, 20232.
4. BigFuture Scholarships – 0 and ,000 – Deadline: Ongoing until December 2024
The BigFuture Scholarships program offers students the chance to earn entries in monthly drawings for $500 and $40,000 scholarships by completing steps on BigFuture1.
The scholarships are available to high school students in their sophomore, junior, and senior years, and there are scholarship drawings starting in January of the sophomore year until February of the senior year1.
The scholarships do not require an essay, minimum GPA or test score, or citizenship requirements1.To qualify for the scholarships, students need to complete steps on their BigFuture dashboard, with one step completed equaling one entry in each monthly scholarship drawing1.
The more steps completed and the earlier a student starts, the more chances they have to win1. Students can earn entries by exploring careers, planning for college, and paying for college4.Seniors who apply to two or more colleges will earn entries in monthly drawings for $500 and $40,000 scholarships3.
To qualify, students need to go to their college list on BigFuture, make sure the colleges they applied to are there, add any missing colleges where they also applied, and after applying, change the status of colleges on their list to Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, or Denied3.
Students can earn additional entries by completing more steps on BigFuture3.If a student wins, their scholarship can be used at any two- or four-year college, and if they don’t win, their entry rolls over for the next month1.
Students can check their progress on their BigFuture dashboard, which shows how many entries they’ve earned, what steps they can do now, and if they’ve won1.
The BigFuture Scholarships program is ongoing until December 2024, with scholarship drawings starting in January of the sophomore year until February of the senior year1. Students can participate in the program by completing steps on BigFuture and applying to two or more colleges13.
5. Carson-Newman University Bonner Scholars – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
Carson-Newman University offers the Bonner Scholars program, which provides scholarship support to students in return for participating in an intensive program of community service, professional skill development, and working for positive change in the world1.
The scholarship amount varies by student, but can range from $2,500 to $25,00013. The deadline for the application is January 1, 20243.To apply for the Bonner Scholars program, interested students can find the application on the Prospective Students section of the Center for Community Engagement’s website1.
The Bonner Scholars program is part of a national network of over 75 colleges and universities affiliated with the Corella & Bertram F. Bonner Foundation, a non-profit organization in Princeton, NJ, dedicated to “providing access to education and opportunities to serve” 1.
Students admitted to the program receive a package of scholarship support and participate in a four-year program of community service, professional development, and civic engagement5.The Bonner Scholars Program Handbook provides detailed information about the program, including the Bonner Development Model, placement process, service requirements, and scholar expectations5.
The program is designed to transform not only the students who are directly supported by the program, but also the campus and community in which they serve and learn6.
Bonner students emerge from their college experience with a greater understanding of communities and the problems that exist within them, as well as the skills and commitment to be effective in community problem-solving efforts6.
6. Ruth Suckow Iowa Student College Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
The Ruth Suckow Iowa Student College Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship awarded to the author of the best essay on Iowa Writer Ruth Suckow’s first novel1. The scholarship is open to students who are residents of Iowa and are enrolled in an accredited Iowa college or university2.
The deadline for the application is January 1, 20243. To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit an essay on Ruth Suckow’s first novel and meet the eligibility requirements1. The winner of the scholarship will receive $1,000 to be used towards their college education2.
Applicants must submit a completed application, official transcripts, and a completed essay to be considered for the scholarship4. The scholarship is not renewable, and the winner will be notified by mail2.
7. University of Minnesota Gold Scholar Award – ,000 – Deadline: January 1, 2024
The University of Minnesota Gold Scholar Award is a prestigious merit-based scholarship that recognizes the exceptional academic accomplishments of incoming freshmen students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievements and leadership qualities
1. The scholarship is available across all campuses of the University of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities campus, Duluth campus, Morris campus, Crookston campus, and Rochester campus. The scholarship is renewable for multiple years, typically up to four years, as long as the recipient maintains the required academic standards1.
The Gold Scholar Award is worth $40,000, and the exact amount and duration of the scholarship may vary1. The scholarship can be applied towards tuition and other educational expenses.
The scholarship decisions are based on a very careful, overall assessment of each admitted student’s academic preparation and performance, as well as the additional information provided in the admission application, based on the academic and context factors listed below3:
- Academic preparation and performance
- Curriculum rigor
- Grade trends
- Class rank
- Test scores
- Leadership and involvement
- Community service
- Work experience
- Special talents or abilities
- Personal statement
Preference for the Gold Scholar Award is given to National Merit Finalists, and recipients must also list the University of Minnesota Twin Cities as their first-choice college by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation deadline
4. The scholarship application deadline is January 1, 20243. To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit a complete freshman application by the corresponding application deadline dates3.
The University of Minnesota academic scholarships are highly competitive, and full consideration for academic scholarships is given to students who submit a complete freshman application by the corresponding application deadline dates3.
8. Leadership for the 21st Century Scholarships – ,500 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
The Leadership for the 21st Century Scholarships is a scholarship program that awards $2,500 to six students. The deadline for the application is January 12, 20241. Here are the full details of the application:
- Eligibility: The scholarship is open to all students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or a college student
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Must be planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in the United States
- Application Process: To apply for the scholarship, students must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the application form on the scholarship website
- Submit a 500-word essay on the topic “What leadership means to me and how I plan to lead in the future”
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader
- Deadline: The deadline for the application is January 12, 20241.
- Number of Awards: The scholarship program awards six scholarships of $2,500 each1.
- Other Scholarship Opportunities: The 21st Century Leaders organization offers other scholarship opportunities and internships to graduating seniors. These opportunities are funded through a variety of sources2.
- Other Programs: The 21st Century Leaders organization also offers other programs for high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. These programs include leadership training, community service, and college preparation3.
In summary, the Leadership for the 21st Century Scholarships is a scholarship program that awards $2,500 to six students who are planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in the United States.
To apply, students must fill out the application form, submit a 500-word essay, and provide a letter of recommendation. The deadline for the application is January 12, 2024.
9. National FFA Scholarship Program – ,000 – Deadline: January 12, 2024
The National FFA Scholarship Program offers scholarships to FFA members who are pursuing a degree in agriculture or a skilled trade. The application for the 2023-2024 scholarship program opens on November 1, 2023, and the deadline to apply is January 11, 2024, at midnight based on your time zone4.
The scholarship program is designed to help students achieve success in a large number of fields in agriculture, including agribusiness systems, animal systems, power, structural and technical systems, plant systems, and biotechnology systems12.
The scholarship program is merit-based and considers factors such as academic performance, leadership skills, FFA involvement, community service, and future career goals5. The scholarship program offers multiple scholarship opportunities totaling nearly $2 million, including 54 $10,000 scholarships for members pursuing agriculture-related four-year majors2.
To apply for the scholarship, FFA members need to complete an application that includes information about their academic background, FFA involvement, leadership experiences, community service, and future aspirations5. The selection process may involve a committee reviewing the application and considering the applicant’s academic achievements, leadership skills, and community involvement5. The scholarship application is on a new platform that provides a more robust experience for applicants.
Applicants can log into their password-secure account from any device with an internet connection, check the status of their application in progress, save their progress and return to complete their application, and upload required materials directly to their application1.
10. C. Valentine Bates Memorial Hope Scholarship – ,000 – Deadline: January 13, 2024
The C. Valentine Bates Memorial HOPE Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that offers financial assistance to graduating high school seniors in Florida3. The scholarship is worth $20,000 and the deadline for application is January 13, 2024. Below are the details of the application requirements:
- Application form
- Official Transcript
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have maintained an unweighted GPA of 2.30 to 3.5924. Additionally, students must have demonstrated leadership through participation in school activities2.
The scholarship is intended to provide financial support for the educational needs of Florida high school seniors who would not be able to attend college without it5.
The scholarship was recently renamed the C. Valentine Bates Memorial HOPE Scholarship to honor C. Valentine Bates, Past State President and Past Grand Exalted Ruler of the Florida Elks Association6.